Hello everyone (& Staff),
DISCLAIMER: This might NOT work for you if you have already deleted the earbuds from your bluetooth list AFTER the "freeze" at the reboot screen. Just like the title, this is on Android.
Many people are complaining about the 1.1.5 fw bug where the vista's get stuck at the rebooting screen (or actually the app to be exact). I assume that the bug is only widely available on Android (if iOS users have this issue please let everyone know).
I wanted to start this thread to share the method I used to connect to my device regardless of that bug. Please do NOT remove the Jaybird Vista from your (previously) connected devices, it will cause them to become impossible to reconnect. These are the steps I did to fix my pair
Tested it on a Oneplus 6T with Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10.0.1 to be exact), jaybird app 3.6.7
- Update firmware of the vista
- When the screen is stuck on rebooting for a long time (a couple of minutes in most cases) without anything happening.. don't panic
- Close the app
- In the charger case hold the button for about 10 seconds, the white LED will just keep on flashing/blinking.
- Leave the case opened, go to the Bluetooth menu on your device (Android in this case), and look for previously connected devices.
- Jaybird Vista device name should still be in the list, press on it to connect again.
- If the devices are connected again (according to your Android Bluetooth menu), open the Jaybird app afterwards
- You should see that there is no FW update notification anymore, and that your buds are connected.
Image as proof of it just working fine with 1.1.5:
What I believe is happening is that the ear buds are totally fine, however they are not triggering the notification for them having rebooted successfully, leading users to a screen where it says rebooting for a long time.
Tanner I've seen your name around on these community forums, I hope my method+steps offer the right solution for users. I think its very important to notify people (in the FAQ for example) that this is NOT a connection issue, it's a clear software bug that is causing a connection issue as a result of people's first thoughts: Which is deleting the earbuds from the device. Please have the techs look at the software and see if the earbuds are sending a "message" to the app to confirm they have rebooted successfully. Maybe I am wrong, but I did say its an assumption.
Please share your experience if it works.
Please sign in to leave a comment.