I purchased a pair or Tarahs earlier today, took them out of the box and paired them with my phone. Everything was fine, they were on 40% and I could play a podcast through them. Charged them through laptop, 2 hours later they're completely unresponsive.



  • Bruce

    Hi RileyKane,


    I am sorry to hear that your Jaybird Tarah does not respond. This is not the behavior and performance expected from the product. Please try these suggestions that can help to resolve the issue of your headset:


    - Computers are the best and safest method, as is anything 1 AMP or less.

    - Try a different power source/charger

    - Car chargers produce a much greater power supply and should be avoided.

    - Over-charging the battery will quickly reduce the life of the headphones, so in addition to monitoring the power supply, limit the charge time to 2 hours,

    - To get the most out of your battery it is recommended to charge the buds when the low battery status is indicated.

    - Avoid charging your headphones after exposure to sweat.

    - Make sure charging port/cradle is clear of any debris.


    Feel free to reach back to us by replying to this post or contacting our other support channels at https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-us/support.html


    Warm Regards,


    Jaybird Customer Experience


    Comment actions Permalink
  • RileyKane

    Unfortunately none of this helps. In fact, it seems that nobody actually read this post. If they had, they would realise that none of the dot points apply or are helpful.


    • I originally charged it through a computer, which is supposed to be the best and safest method.
    • Have tried a different power source, they are still completely dead.
    • I didn't use a car charger, they died hours after purchase.
    • I charged them for less than 2 hours.
    • The battery was on 40%, and I always go by the thought of charging things as soon as you take them out of the box. And if that is something that could destroy new Tarahs, shouldn't that be a warning somewhere in the instruction booklets?
    • I hadn't even worn them apart from pairing them to my phone. How would they be effected by sweat?
    • The charging cradle had just been taken out of the packaging, why would there be any debris in there?


    The headphones are dead. How would any of this change that? I have sent an email, and am awaiting a response. But I have to say, I'm incredibly disappointed in this product.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.