I've been strolling on this forum for a while to try to get my issues fixed.
Since you're many out here asking questions, I'm here to give you some answers.
How is the Jaybird Customer Service?
Let's face it, they are useless. You ask them anything they will reply with 'this will be added soon, just wait' or 'try this logical troubleshooting step' (that's the best that any support could do).
If you want to return your product, people have said it's a big pain. I can't relate, as I haven't sent mine back.
How are the buds?
Ok, these are great to be honest but for two simple reasons: the sound EQ and the battery life. For the rest, it's either "not for you" or "you won't like it"...
Now, what makes these buds really unfairly upsetting? They don't have two small but cool features all other Jaybird earbuds have: multipoint (having 2 devices connected to the buds at the same time) and button control customisation. The irony is that my father had the Jaybird Tarah I bought him and these have both, plus one update that improved battery life/sound quality. You guessed it, these buds are at version 1.0 and had NO UPDATE. I did feel some buzzing issues or while calling some mic problems, which I'm pretty sure would be fixed by now if Jaybird actually released an update.
What to do about it all?
Wait or leave.
I'm staying, but staying with anger and constant spamming of either the forums posts or the mailboxes of these incompetent team until something changes. So if you're like me, please post in here and address the issues that have been pointed it. Don't hesitate to point out other issues so that Jaybird actually does something!
Thanks for reading.
UPDATE from another user:
I basically like the product but some things suck. These could all be fixed with a firmware update
- The tone prompts are much too soft. They often can't be heard.
- No tones when any buttons are pressed
- There is no spoken prompt on disconnect
- There is no "reconnect" prompt at all when it auto-reconnects after you separate the magnets. This is especially wonderful when the magnetic off period exceeds 15 minutes so they are completely powered off.
- There is no easy way to know if they are powered on and connected without looking at the phone. What I do now is double-tap the center button. If the phone voice assistant activates the headphones are on and connected.
- Occasionally they disconnect when I answer the phone. And since they don't tell me they disconnected I'm wondering why I cant hear my caller.
- Phone callers say the microphone volume is very poor
- So far it's hard to get a backup charging cradle
There was an update which added button customisation (basically basic siri and play pause or launching spotify playlists which is basically pretty useless to me - wished more like using double tab to skip songs and long press calling siri type of customization) and auto off feature... BUT NOT MULTIPOINT OR SHAREME.
useless update which I even wonder if it solved any bugs seeing how lazy logitech is at handling this product.
Also, another comment: I’m facing the same issues with my Tarah Pro. My biggest regrets are also the lack of the multipoint and shareme features, but i’m experiencing all these annoying issues mentioned above. I owned before the X3, but i never had these problems.
About the Jaybird Customer Support experience...i’m really disappointed. I have sent several emails to Jaybird Customer Support, asking questions, but all i got some promises regarding a software update, but no ETA. And no answers to the question WHY we don’t have at least the same feaures in their top of the range model, like the cheaper models have. And also they sending the email saying my case was solved and they want to close it...:)))
i have the feeling Jaybird isn’t taking us (their customers) seriously.
I was really hopefull today, when i noticed the software update popping up, but i became sad, when i realized that isn’t the update i was expecting for. Actually is useless for me, too.
Please sign in to leave a comment.