I've owned a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds X for several years and loved them. The cord was getting annoying so I decided to compare Apple AirPods with Jaybird Run's.
- Sound quality (especially bass) is noticeably better
- Noise isolation is significantly better
- Plenty of included options to customize a more comfortable fit
- Do you have a QA team? It took me an hour to set my headphones up. I'm not exaggerating. I've been a developer for over 15 years so I'm not new to tech. I had to hard reset them 4 times before I got them to work the way I wanted.
- When I first opened the package the left bud wouldn't turn on. Hard reset.
- After I paired them they sounded great. Then I opened the companion app which set my EQ to flat, I started browsing the user EQ's and the connection dropped and refused to reconnect. I had to reboot my phone and hard reset the headphones to get them to connect again.
- After rebooting, hard resetting, and deleting the pair they connected in the companion app. I swapped out of the app and put a track from Apple music on and when I swapped back to the companion app the connection had dropped and wouldn't reconnect. Hard reset.
- Now the right bud wouldn't turn on. Hard reset.
The product is amazing when it works. From what I've read on this forum I'm scared what will happen in the coming weeks. If they keep doing this they will be returned for a pair of AirPods which I know are a downgrade in every aspect except convenience.
This could be a very competitive product if it weren't for the plethora of readily apparent bugs. Individual buds refusing to power on is a common complaint on here and the companion app has major connection issues.
Are there more firmware releases planned? This honestly feels like I'm beta testing a product and for the price tag that's not what I expected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.