- Users are NOT reporting issues with Note 8 & other bluetooth headphones (including myself). Only with X3.
- I've called twice to Jaybird support (9/23 & 10/2) and both times I was told that Samsung has acknowledge a comparability issue and is working on a fix. HOWEVER, when I called Samsung technical support, they disavowed any issue or problem with the bluetooth on the Note 8.
- I have suggested to Jaybird that they put out an official statement on this.
- I also own the Galaxy S8+ and has NO issues with the X3.
- Crogs in another similar post for Jaybird Freedom suggested a way to make them work: "I have to hang up and call again a few times until I can tell the connection is normal". I tried it and yes, calling a few times will eventually give you a clear line with no sound issues.
- Problem is not just with the X3's... users are reporting similar issues between Jaybird Freedom and Note 8.
- Dan3657 is reporting that he has 8 different Bluetooth headsets made by 8 different manufacturers and only the Jaybirds are having this problem
- Dan3657 found the issue. See first related thread link below for the solution to the problem.
Related threads: https://support.jaybirdsport.com/s/question/0D55A000074ZszE/why-cant-i-hear-the-other-person?s1oid=00Di0000000j2Ck&OpenCommentForEdit=1&s1nid=0DB3100000001Fg&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0055A000007zNoJ&emtm=1506787287697&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0
Issue: When I initiate a call, I can barely hear the person on the other line when using my Jaybird X3. For all other applications (listening to music, receiving calls, listening to Youtube/Media), X3 works great.
First, I have a Jaybird X3 that I had been using with the Galaxy S8 Plus (T-Mobile) and it worked great, no issues. However, I recently bought a new Note 8 (T-Mobile) and sold my S8 Plus. After updating my Note 8 with all the latest Android/App updates, I paired the X3 had the following behavior:
- When I listen to music, sound coming from X3 is great
- When I view Youtube, the sound coming form X3 is great
- When someone calls me, I hear them great and they hear me just fine
- When I CALL SOMEONE, I can barely hear them (yes, volume is all the way up)... However, they can hear me just fine
- When I turn off bluetooth and initiate a call , I can hear the other person just fine if I use either the speakerphone, headphone connected thru jack port or w/phone in my ear.
I have tried resetting X3 (per Jaybird's instruction), removing pairing from Note 8, re-pairing again the X3, clearing Bluetooth sys app cache ... and same behavior as above...I can hardly hear the person on the other line when I make the call. Remember, these headphones were working fine with the S8 Plus.
My son also has an X3, and I tried his unit on my phone with the same behavior. I even went to Best Buy today to purchase a new X3 unit thinking I might have defective units, and after un-pairing old unit and pairing new unit, I had the same behavior. When I call someone, I can barely hear them. So by now, I had removed the possibility that it was potentially a defective X3 unit... ALL 3 X3 units behaved exactly the same way. So I thought maybe it was the new Galaxy Note 8 that had the problem... So I decided to try out an old pair of Jam Transit Micro Sport Bluetooth Buds in my new Note 8 to see if I would have the same low voice sound issue when I called someone. And to my surprise, this cheap unit worked with no issues. I could hear the other person great when I initiated the call. I don't know... but I am now thinking this is a production issue with the X3.
Jaybird support, can you help? Is there something you can suggest?
Please sign in to leave a comment.